Friday, October 1, 2010

October Log

10/1/10
Today I began modifying the format of testing procedures and research/brainstorming. In addition, I added two pictures and removed one from the background section. I still have to upload scanned pictures of my three alternate solutions to my blog.

10/8/10
Today I finished editing my testing procedures. Everything up to and including alternative solutions is completed and on my blog. I’m still experiencing difficulties with uploading pictures and getting them on to my blog. In addition, my Google calendar has issues showing up on my blog. I’ll be more up to date when I finish my rationale.

10/13/10
Today I started my rationale for each solution. I finished the pros and cons for each alternative solution. The next step is to finish the design matrix aspect of my rationale and then complete developmental work for the design of the mechanical claw.

10/15/10
I finished my design matrix for the rationale. The solution that recieved the highest score on the design matrix was solution 2, meaning it compared the most favorably to the specifications. I still have to post the design matrix to my rationale and then i can draw a wire frame of my mechanical claw on AutoCad

10/20/10
I started my developmental work on AutoCad. I'm having trouble making a wire frame diagram of my mechanical claw because I have not used Autocad in some time.

10/22/10
I began working on my orthographic drawing on AutoCad. I'm struggling with the drawing because it has been a long time since I last used the program. I think I am going to do the exploded isometric and rendered isometric by hand.

10/27/10
My exploded view is coming along nicely, so i won't need to do it by hand. The exploded view has all of the parts, however, they are not displayed in an order where it is easy to see how they come together to form the final solution for the mechanical claw.


No comments:

Post a Comment